Re: [xml] Building on Solaris 8

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 11:00:30AM +0100, Tony Graham wrote:
xml thewrittenword com wrote at 27 Sep 2001 00:09:50 -0500:
 > Please post the relevant portion of config.log so I can take a look at
 > the error.

configure
configure:5589: checking for zlib.h
configure:5599: gcc -E  conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
configure:5620: checking for gzread in -lz
configure:5639: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lz   1>&5
Undefined                     first referenced
 symbol                           in file
gzread                              /var/tmp/ccfpldpp.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 5628 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char gzread();

int main() {
gzread()
; return 0; }

There's something wrong with your version of gcc. What version are you
using? I tried 2.95.3 and didn't have *any* problems. Is your version
of GCC using GNU ld? The version I built with uses Sun as/ld.

Anyway, copy the following to a test file and send me the output:
  $ gcc -v test.c -lz
  $ cat test.c
char gzread();

int main() {