Re: [xml] Multiple users for same XML file...

Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:

I know that this would be the best option but it isn't really the
thing I'd like to do as it is somewhat awkward to have a server
monitoring system relying on a RBDMS.

How about using one XML file per user? Or how about having a dedicated
configuration process/thread which has exclusive access to the XML
file, and let all other processes/threads commit their changes to
this process/thread?

PS: Your problem is a general design problem about concurrent access
and consistancy of data, and is off-topic on this mailing-list.