Re: [xml] Problems register memory callback routines via xmlMemSe tup()

Hello Björn,

"Reese, Björn" wrote:

"Henke, Markus" wrote:

Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)
_free_dbg_lk(void * 0x007c5fa8, int 1) line 1044 + 48 bytes

I'm using libxml2-2.4.2 (some reasons for havn't updating yet...)
on Win2K, MS-VC++ 6.0, testProg and libxml2 are both compiled
against the "debug multithreaded DLL" C- runtime.

I am just a Unixhead who occasionally ports my code to Windows,
so don't take my reply as authorative in any way.

Well, ocassionally i grab the libxml2 sources to understand something
and i've read your name as (co-) author several times.
So i see you as authority in at least one respect...  8)

If we ignore "real" memory problems, this type of error typically shows up
when we accidentially link debug and release code.
Have you checked that both testProg and all of libxml2 has been
compiled as debug code?

Quite shure i've checked this double coz i've ran into that trap before.
Anyway, i've made a new approach based on version 2.4.6 and now
it works (kind of...).
But now i get a debug error (a failed assertion), thrown from our own
memory management routine for "free" (which, BTW, is bulletproofed).
The assertion fails when xmlCleanupParser() calls
xmlCleanupCharEncodingHandlers().
So, i'm stuck again...

Mit freundlichen Gruessen - Kind regards
Markus Henke

 ORDAT GmbH & Co. KG  -  Serversystems / eCom
 Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Markus Henke  Fon: +49 (641) 7941-0
 Rathenaustr. 1                Fax: +49 (641) 7941-132
 35394 Gießen                  mailto:markus henke ordat com
 See:                          http://www.ordat.com
              ...this behavior is by design...