Re: [xml] Question about saving XML files

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 03:27:24PM -0700, Chris wrote:
hello,

(Does one need to be subscribed to the list to post ? It doesn't say on
the main page, but it didn't work when I tried ... so I am resending
this after subscribing)

  Well I generally approve post which are on-topic. I may have missed yours
in the middle of the flow of spam.

I looked in the archive but couldn't find anything on this issue:

I have a taxes application that used to use libxml 2.0. I upgraded to
libxml2 (2.4) and changed the various config/make file to use -lxml2.

I haven't changed anything in the source code, but now the xml file
being saved has everything on one line (after the xml version tag). I
assume this is caused by the upgrade, but I'm not sure.
[...]
That makes it a lot harder to read by a human, although my program can
read back both format just fine.

I tried xmlSaveFile and xmlDocDump with the same result.

How do I make my program output the "/n" so it's easier to read by a
person ?

  It's actually an FAQ:
    http://xmlsoft.org/FAQ.html#Developer
it's item 1/, I hope it answers the question.

Daniel