Re: [xml] Building/configure errors on alpha/OSF-1

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 04:17:20PM +0100, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
Looking through configure and Makefile. I concluded both config.h and
Makefile was a 100% correct. After looking at the sourcecode, I acted upon a
hunch and tried compiling in the source-directory like most people do. That
worked. So it's only when building in a sub-directory (usefull when you
support 4 different archs), that there is a problem. And it is most likely
only troublesome when you also have old libxml2 lying around in
/usr/local/include.

  Hum, so it's probably a problem of ordering of the includes in
Makefile.am , I will look at it.

BTW, it turned out gcc needed an -mieee option, that wasn't detected by
configure either, but that was easily fixed since I always override CFLAGS
anyway.

  How is your host detected ? configure.in currently add -ieee for
*-dec-osf* using the native compiler and -mieee when using gcc on
alpha*-*-linux* . Does *-dec-osf* matches the host string as detected
by configure on your platform ?

Daniel