Re[4]: [xml] Strange memory leak in libxml2-2.4.8 (may be in libxslt-1.0.6)

Hello, Daniel!
Friday, November 09, 2001, 1:33:30 AM, you wrote:

DV>   this obviously misses xmlCleanupParser(), and those blocks are
DV> allocated to initialize the library state, that's all...
 Ok. I see. Now I have such code (BTW, all my code is multithreaded, but
DV>   Don't look further ! I could have searched for years without such
DV> and indication.
DV>   Your thread handling is probably conflicting with libxml2 one.
DV> what used to be global variables may now be allocated in per threads
DV> blocks depending how the library was configured.

DV> I *strongly* suggest:
DV>    1/ you read the archives of this mailing list on the subject
  done.
DV>    2/ instrument your code to see how it behaves in the modules
DV>       globals.c and threads.c
  I could not use threads.c because my threads is NOT pthreads. It is
  different processes and shared memory. I need this for caching
  parsed documents in multi-process server.
  Really, it is module for Apache. Works great, when every process
  have cache or caching is turned off.

DV>    3/ you make sure to not configure using --with-threads unless
DV>       you double check the compatibility of your thread model.
  I don't use --with-threads because I don't use pthreads.

DV> Subscribing to the list only when things breaks means you have
DV> to regain the context when you resubscribe... Please read and
DV> understand the changes which happened before further request.
  I see changes by code in globals.c and threads.c. Threads code is
  pthreads-specific :-(( Library with global variables (or
  thread-specific storages, it is a hack for emulate global variables)
  in year 2000 :-((((
  Search in archive for "threads" doesn't give any good information.

               Lev Serebryakov
| FIDONet: 2:5030/661.0                         |
| E-Mail:  lev serebryakov spb ru               |
| Page:    http://lev.serebryakov.spb.ru/       |
| ICQ UIN: 3670018                              |
| Phone:   You know, if you have world nodelist |