Re: Re[2]: [xml] Strange memory leak in libxml2-2.4.8 (may be in libxslt-1.0.6)

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 12:55:03AM +0300, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
Hello, Daniel!
Friday, November 09, 2001, 12:10:56 AM, you wrote:

DV>   this obviously misses xmlCleanupParser(), and those blocks are
DV> allocated to initialize the library state, that's all...
 Ok. I see. Now I have such code (BTW, all my code is multithreaded, but

  Don't look further ! I could have searched for years without such
and indication.
  Your thread handling is probably conflicting with libxml2 one.
what used to be global variables may now be allocated in per threads
blocks depending how the library was configured.

I *strongly* suggest:
   1/ you read the archives of this mailing list on the subject
   2/ instrument your code to see how it behaves in the modules
      globals.c and threads.c
   3/ you make sure to not configure using --with-threads unless
      you double check the compatibility of your thread model.

1/ and 2/ are absolutely essential. By not being subscribed you
missed nearly one month of discussions and tests on the subject.
Subscribing to the list only when things breaks means you have
to regain the context when you resubscribe... Please read and
understand the changes which happened before further request.

Daniel