Re: [xml] Compile error on Solaris 2.6

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 04:28:44PM +0100, robert wrote:
 >I can't compile libxml2_2.3.5 on my Solaris 2.6. I get this error:
 >ld: fatal: library -lz: not found

Ah, yes, thats another thing: libxml needs libz (the Zlib compression
library). Even if you tell configure not to, it still refers to it.

  I have seens and received in the history of libxml maybe a dozen
different configure.in patches to detect and link this damn library.
None of them ever worked everywhere. If you have and can test a
configure.in sections which allows to do this and works:

  - on linux Red Hat
  - on linux SuSE
  - on Solaris
  - on BSD
  - on OSF1
  - on HP-UX
  - on SGI

Then I will be very glad to receive such a piece of code !
Usually when it finally works everywhere else it ends up breaking
on SuSE, no idea why !

Daniel