Re: [xml] Compile error on Solaris 2.6

I can't compile libxml2_2.3.5 on my Solaris 2.6. I get this error:
ld: fatal: library -lz: not found

Ah, yes, thats another thing: libxml needs libz (the Zlib compression
library). Even if you tell configure not to, it still refers to it.

What is this causes by? Help!!!

You need to change two things:
- the file config.h may contain the following line:
  #define HAVE_ZLIB_H 1
  if it does, remove the line;
- you need to fix the Makefile and remove every reference to '-lz' (just
  remove those three characters, they appear a couple of times in the
  Makefile)

After that, recompile.

                                                                  robert