Re: [xml] Fw: Kannel installation problem with libxml2

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 01:29:19PM +0500, SMS wrote:
hi
I want to the rpm packages listed on ftp://xml.org/ are for
                               I assume it's xmlsoft.org

which distribution of Linux, I want libxml2-2.3.4 and libxml2-devel rpms for Redhat Linux 6.2

  The report seems pretty inacurate, all the packages found there
are built on a Red Hat 6.2 box and are tested on Red Hat 7.0 too.

I'm also explainig my problem as follows, please comment on that

[...]

I'm following your instructions in installing kannel, first thingI
found that libxml2-2.3.4's rpm is not available for RedHat Linux 6.2
or better. the rpm  Iinstalled was for another distribution of Linux. So

   Please report those problems to the distribution who shipped those,
it this were the packages from xmlsoft.org, well they do work on Red Hat
6.2 and 7.0, I made them and I use them !

I unstalled it , also uninstall the libxm version 1.x.x which comes with
Redhat.

  That's a pretty stupid thing to do, the RPMs 2.3.4 on xmlsoft.org
can be installed along libxml and libxml-devel.
  Anyway a lot of packages probably depended on libxml or libxml-devel
and if you forced the rpm -e chances are high that you screwed a number of
things

I then install the libxml2-2.3.4 from source by ./configure ,
[...]
libxml2 >= 2.2.0 is needed by kannel-1.0.2-1

  Seems to me you nedd to learn about RPM and this absolutely not related
directly to libxml nor libxml2, the kannel package asks for the libxml2
package and it's not there since you installed from sources.

  You look really confused, and this is not related to libxml, but the fact
that you have troubles handling packages IMHO.

Daniel