[xml] no shared library,toolchain problem??

hello~~
I'm trying to compile libxml2 library for arm.
but I can't make shared library(libxml2.so), only .a.
I use the cross-toolchain from handhelds.org(skiff),
this my step:

## for 386
./configure
make
##

## for arm
export CROSS_PREFIX=arm-linux-
export CC=arm-linux-gcc
export LD=arm-linux-ld
export AR=arm-linux-ar
export NM=arm-linux-nm
export RANLIB=arm-linux-ranlib
./configure --host=arm-linux --target=arm-linux
make
##

a part diff from configure:
## 386/arm
<?checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
<?checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux ld.so
<?checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
<?checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
---
?checking for arm-linux-ld option to reload object files... -r
?checking dynamic linker characteristics... no
?checking if libtool supports shared libraries... no
?checking whether to build shared libraries... no

##

I think this is the problem that I can't ?make shared library,
This may be the toolchain's problem~~
how can I fix it??~~

and this:
## 386/arm
<?checking for tputs in -lncurses... yes
<?checking for readline/history.h... yes
<?checking for append_history in -lhistory... no
<?checking for readline/readline.h... yes
<?checking for readline in -lreadline... yes
---
?checking for tputs in -lncurses... no
?checking for tputs in -lcurses... no
?checking for tputs in -ltermcap... yes
?checking for readline/history.h... no
?checking for readline/readline.h... no

##
this may show my toolchain don't support ncurses,curses,readline library,
how can I add those library support??

Thank you for any info.

Best reguard,
zombit