[xml] XPath normalize-space

The XPath normalize-space() function concatenates whitespaces, amoungst
other things. This is done by ignoring all whitespaces except the last.
This means that if the string contains a newline, then this will be
preserved.

If I understand the XPath specification correctly [1], it says that
the function should be "replacing sequences of whitespace characters
by a single space". That means that a newline should be converted into
a space (0x20).

Fixing this is very easy, but I just wanted to verify that my
interpretation is correct.