Re: [xml] Multithread behaviour on Solaris

Gary Pennington wrote:

Daniel Veillard wrote:

  Hum, maybe Bjorn can have a look at this, it seems trio
includes errno.h so maybe this definition is done only in a
fallback case.

Removing the extern statement would be correct on Solaris; I think it should also be
correct on other Unixen but I defer to Bjorn.

It is a workaround for SunOS 4.1.x (and possibly other contemporary
Unices, but I can't remember). It is equivalent to the strerror()
workaround where you have to define sys_errlist and sys_nerr as
extern variables.

I suppose that it is time to drop this workaround, since the
multi-threading problem on current platforms becomes more prevalent
than compilation warnings on older platforms.