Re: [xml] Path problem while parsing DTD

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 10:34:46AM +1100, Purnima wrote:
Hi,
I am getting following error while parsing DTD with 'xmllint'. The
same error appears when I am using the API 'xmlParseDTD()'

    warning: failed to load external entity "(null)"

I used xmllint as follows

    xmllint  --dtdvalid  E:\Projects\xml\fdt.dtd  E:\Projects\xml\test.xml

The URL path for DTD is very much correct and

  No, because "E:\Projects\xml\fdt.dtd" is NOT an URL

'xmllint' is able to identify the URL for test.xml, but failed to identify the URL
for fdt.dtd file.
Even if I give relative path parsing of DTD fails.
Can somebody help me?

  I suggest you read about what an URL really is
     http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2396.html

and use a file:///... based URL.

Daniel