RE: [xml] compiling libxml2-devel on solaris

Hello Jakob, all.

libxml2 and libxml2-devel are RPM packages and RPM has no home on
Solaris. Perhaps the one freak or another has installed it in such
environment (hello Cristian :-)), but RPM is nothing you find on every
Solaris box.

Had you been running Solaris on an IA32 machine, I could give you
binaries you would only need to copy at the apropriate location.
Unfortunately, SPARC workstations break my private budget and you must
either buy me a SPARC machine or build the software yourself. I would
prefer you take the first option, but since that is very unlikely to
happen...

...tell your admin that he must download the source code,
libxml2-x.x.x.tar.gz, compile it and install it. It is a matter of
typing ./configure; make; make install; and it brings everything needed
for utilitisation of libxml2, including development, onto your machine.

Oh, should the lack of GNU C compiler and GNU make lead your admin into
problems, perhaps he would consider the first option...?

Ciao
Igor