Re: [xml] gnome-config & pkg-config --cflags bug

Ok, i think that for libxml1 we should just forget about it.

But ..
how about libxml2 ? libxml2 still has this problem. You can compile a
program that includes the libxml headers without a namespace. With the
current state pkg-config is returning --cflags so that the headers are
included like so :

#include <parse.h>
#include <tree.h>
#include <hash.h>
#include <encoding.h>

when it should really be :

#include <libxml/parse.h>
#include <libxml/tree.h>
#include <libxml ... etc

will you take a pathc to fix this for libxml2 ?

I don't think we have a lot of options here. This is not a problem for
the normal user because he installs all the libraries in the same
location, but if for example you use a /home/$user/gnome prefix this
becomes a problem. We have to either fix this in libxml or change the
apps so that they don't include the "libxml/" part which is a bit scary
given that "parse.h" "encoding.h" etc are a very common name.

regards,
Chema