Re: [xml] Event based HTML parsing with libxml2, and...

At 07:57 AM 8/10/2001 +0000, Bjorn Reese wrote:
Bill Moseley wrote:

I assume there's a SAX type of event based parser for HTML, but I haven't
been able to locate any examples -- or haven't recognized them when I saw
them.

Yes, there is. The current HTML parser has been implemented via the
SAX interface. The SAX interface is compatible with that of Expat, so
it is very easy to replace Expat with libxml. The major difference
lies in the setting up your own callback functions, where Expat uses
setter funtions and libxml uses an array. You can find examples in
SAX.c.

And the testSAX.c and testHTML.c will be helpful.  Thanks.

IMHO, it is best to install them separately (like you would with any
other library). First people have to install libxml (which may already
be on the system), and afterwards they have to install swish-e.

Ok.  I understand that, but many users have a hard enough time getting
through
./configure & make install as it is. ;)

~/libxml2/libxml2-2.4.1 > ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type; you
must specify one

It's rare that I don't have good luck with configure scripts on Linux.

Hmmm... what does 'sh -x config.guess' output (both stdout and stderr)?

Lots.  I'm not sure what you want, but here's some parts:

~/libxml2/libxml2-2.4.1 > sh -x config.guess
+ test x = x
+ test x '!=' x
+ test x '!=' x
+ CC_FOR_BUILD=cc
+ UNAME_MACHINE=i686
+ UNAME_RELEASE=2.2.13
+ UNAME_SYSTEM=Linux
+ UNAME_VERSION=#1 Mon Nov 8 15:51:29 CET 1999
+ dummy=dummy-27284
+ trap 'rm -f $dummy.c $dummy.o $dummy; exit 1' 1 2 15
++ cd /
++ ld --help
+ ld_help_string=Usage: ld [options] file.
ld: supported targets: elf32-i386 a.out-i386-linux srec symbolsrec tekhex
binary ihex trad-core
ld: supported emulations: elf_i386 i386linux
+ grep 'supported emulations:'
+ test 0 '!=' 0
+ VENDOR=pc
+ cat