Re: [xml-bindings]RE: [xml-bindings]idom2-pas-beta-1 released (dom2 implementation, based on libxml2 for object pascal)

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 12:19:26PM +0200, Uwe Fechner wrote:
> Hello Daniel,

  hi, limited answer due to limited connectivity ...

> If I would create a DOM for python, I would create a dll/ .so file first,
> that exports neccessary functions (not objects), and create the object-
> layer in python.

  which is basically what I have done for the existing bindings.

> It would be a reasonable amount of work, but I would like to learn to
> write object-pascal libraries for python. Both languages are similar,
> there is only a little impedance loss, if you mix them, and there is
> already the python for delphi project, www.multimania.com/marat/, that
> has many helpfull tools to integrate both languages.

   Hum, probem is taht it makes the framework quite complicated
to build. I will try to stick to C for the python bindings.

> >   Another question: what's the status of error reporting ? when
> > we initially
> > created that list one of the points raised was troubles to bind new error
> > message handlers, did people find a way ? Or is there still a need to
> > augment libxml API ?
>
> Error reporting isn't implemented yet, at least I didn't get it going yet.

  Okay

Daniel