_NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE and _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN

Hi Everyone,

Someone just sent me an email, and I followed that by filing a bug[0]
asking about stacking order, namely how to get always-on-top windows
to stack above fullscreen ones for the eg, on-screen-keyboard case. It
seems like in the EWMH that this case is not handled, since it asks
for fullscreen windows to be above _NET_WM_TYPE_DOCK and
_NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE windows [1]. This doesn't make much sense to me,
and I'm wondering what the correct implementation here is.

Kind Regards,

Sam

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/789827
[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/1.3/ar01s07.html#STACKINGORDER