Re: Compositing managers spec

Sanel Zukan wrote:

>>  The _NET_WM_CM_Sn selection is already widely used and it's been in the
>>  spec
>> for a while, so it's a question if we want to break backwards
>> compatibility there just because the name doesn't quite look right.
>
> Hm... currently this property (and/or _NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY) are
> possible candidates for this spec (am I correct?). Anyone have
> more proposals?

- More color controls (BRIGHTNESS/SATURATION/GAMMA...)
- Taskbar preview handling
- _NET_CM_SUPPORTED to inform apps about composite manager features
- Give applications control to some features of the composite manager
- Maybe a desktop background spec to define pixmaps (and their properties)
for multiple viewports/desktops

Dennis