Re: Compositing managers spec

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 03:02:18PM +0100, Sanel Zukan wrote:
> Regarding to this, for some time I was planning to propose something like
> _NET_WM_WINDOW_REGION_OPACITY where some window parts would be
> opaque/translucent; e.g. menu could be translucent but other parts
> opaque.

Create a window with a RGBA visual and use the alpha channel; if a CM
is running then this will just work, no need for any extra properties.
(This kind of possibility is why gtk+ includes an api just to let apps
find out if a CM is running, for instance.)

-- Nathaniel

--
Electrons find their paths in subtle ways.