Re: Compositing managers spec

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 15:02 +0100, Sanel Zukan wrote:
> >  The _NET_WM_CM_Sn selection is already widely used and it's been in the spec
> > for a while, so it's a question if we want to break backwards compatibility
> > there just because the name doesn't quite look right.
>
> Hm... currently this property (and/or _NET_WM_WINDOW_OPACITY) are
> possible candidates for this spec (am I correct?). Anyone have
> more proposals?

One thing I proposed before that I think would fit nicely into a CM spec
would be a flag to tell the CM "don't mess with this window (e.g. don't
do animations like fade-in on opening the window), just display it
as-is". Something like override-redirect for CMs. This would allow
developers to have full control of a window's appearance, for instance
if they want to use auxiliary windows for animations.

Regards,
Denis