Re: Still need a hint for undecorated windows

On Thursday 23 June 2005 10:52, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> So my more serious answer is that if we want a non-semantic hint the MWM
> hint is fine. It's ugly and crufty, but realistically we have to support
> it anyway in both toolkits and WMs, so why add an additional hint to
> write code for.

I don't disagree with this approach, but it would be delightful if this were
noted in the spec.  The current language (in my reading) makes it sound like
the TYPE hints are intended to be a complete replacement for the mwm hints.

I've had a few cases now of people wanting to be netwm-compliant in their
toolkits asking what the "correct" way to get an undecorated window is.

- ajax