Re: Still need a hint for undecorated windows

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:43:08 -0400 The MasterTet <mastertet gmail com> babbled:

> Hey,
>
> Just from the user point of view (I'm not a wm dev), I found it
> frustrating to have applications that work well but don't fit with the
> rest of my system and act stangely. For example, I just experienced a
> new expos__-like feature with my favorite window manager and guess
> what, XMMS decided to not comport itself like all the other windows on
> my screen.

there is nothing xmms does that should make such a feature "not work" other that
this new "expose" feature of your wm having a nice bug in not handling cases (eg
- doesn't handle shaped windows). unless your wm uses xcomposite - any expose
feature it has will be a "if you are lucky" hack already. even if it does,
xcomposite has issues with certain display subsystems like xvideo and opengl -
xvideo particularly due to its nature of liking to do color keyed overlays (i
wont got into it anymore though) - but you may be apportioning blame in the
wrong place

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster rasterman com
裸好多                              raster deephackmode org
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)