Re: Still need a hint for undecorated windows

Adam Jackson wrote:

I don't disagree with this approach, but it would be delightful if this were

noted in the spec. The current language (in my reading) makes it sound like the TYPE hints are intended to be a complete replacement for the mwm hints.

I've had a few cases now of people wanting to be netwm-compliant in their toolkits asking what the "correct" way to get an undecorated window is.

- ajax
The "modern" approach is to use the semantic hints only, and not worry about things like window decoration. We still have support, however, for legacy apps. Legacy behavior is achieved with legacy hints.

-Rob