Re: Aspect ratio SizeHint and fullscreen

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 08:45:43PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  First of all, the aspect hints are only hints. Nothing requires that the WM
> honors them (or the WM just doesn't have to support them, like one quite
> widely used WM I'm not going to name ;) ). E.g. XTerm has size increment
> hints, but works just fine if I run without a WM and force it to have size of
> the screen.

I think I agree with the conclusion of this thread (fullscreen should
override size hints), but also I seem to remember some apps being
broken in that they really couldn't handle it if you didn't honor
their hints.

I can't remember an example specifically though. I guess Emacs had a
different problem (it always sends ConfigureRequest in response to
ConfigureNotify).