Sticky vs All Desktops

Hi.

I'd like to get some options in regards to the Sticky window state vs
the All Desktops (0xffffffff) hint.

Here's the problem:

The Sticky window state as stated in the spec, and, as I've previously
known it, is to keep a window in a fixed position while scrolling _a_
virtual desktop.

The Sticky window state as most application developers and users seem
to see it, is that the window will not disappear when switching
_between_ virtual desktops, i.e. it exists on all desktops.

The EWMH already provide for this with the 0xffffffff desktop. Is it
breaking the spec to send a window to 0xffffffff when i receive a
request to add the Sticky state to the window?

Are the applications wrong to provide a 'Sticky' setting but not an
'All Desktops' setting? What is the recommended course of action for this?

Thanks,
Ben
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.

http://www.icculus.org/openbox/