what exactly is TYPE_DIALOG

 Hello,

 maybe stupid question, but how exactly am I supposed to say if a window is
TYPE_NORMAL or TYPE_DIALOG. One specific example why I'm asking are KDE's
configuration modules run as standalone (e.g. right-click on titlebar and
select 'Configure ...' - a window allowing the user to configure WM-related
things appears, but it's handled by a separate process and doesn't prevent
manipulating other windows). From user's point of view, it's clearly a
dialog, it's even implemented using class QDialog which will set TYPE_DIALOG
for it, but should it really be TYPE_DIALOG?

KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l lunak suse cz , l lunak kde org
Drahobejlova 27  tel: +420 2 9654 2373
190 00 Praha 9   fax: +420 2 9654 2374
Czech Republic   http://www.suse.cz/