Re: move/resize handling again

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 11:47:00AM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 10:48:56AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > The legacy way is to ignore win_gravity for ConfigureRequest and
> > always use StaticGravity.
>
> Which WMs historically do that?

I have never checked all the wms.  Definitely fvwm and probably
most or all of it's children.  Probably twm when fvwm was split
off.  I am fairly sure CDE did it at least at some time in the
past.  A few years ago I tested a few of the more popular wms, and
basically they were all more or less broken in respect to
ConfigureNotify handling (including fvwm).  I can't remember which
applications I tested, and what the problems were exactly.

Ddd was once one of the applications that did very funny things
with its windows when clustering and moving them in concert.

> twm doesn't look like it does, for
> example (based on code, maybe I'm reading the code the wrong way).  Is
> this what CDE does?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^