Re: move/resize handling again

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 01:56:35AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
>  - An EWMH compliant application MUST conform to the ICCCM way.
>  - A compliant application MUST set some property of its window to
>    document compliance.
>  - A compliant window manager MUST conform to the ICCCM way when
>    it detects said property on a client window.
>  - If the property is not present on a window the window manager
>    SHOULD use the legacy way as there are many applications that
>    do not comply to the ICCCM rule.
>  - Applications that are currently not EWMH compliant SHOULD be
>    changed to become ICCCM compliant and set said property, or do
>    not set it and use the legacy way (not recommended).

I guess where I would disagree here is that I see no evidence that
legacy apps depend on a single behavior. It seems that historically
window managers are broken in six dozen different ways, and apps also
are.

Basically I don't know what the "legacy way" *is* ;-)
Is it "what mwm does"? "what twm does"?