Re: move/resize handling again

> > Today I stumbled over another forgotten detail of ICCCM move/resize
> > handling: Section 7.7 explains how
>
> What exactly are you refering to?  There is no section 7.7 in the
> ICCCM, and I can see nothing that talks specifically about
> XMoveWindow() or XResizeWindow() in any of the ICCCM sections.

Section 7.7 of the EWMH 1.2,
http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec/1.2/html/x355.html#AEN385

> No, the ICCCM2 already specifies how XMoveResizeWindow() has to be
> treated by the window manager.  Since this generates a
> ConfigureRequest package, section 4.1.5 of the ICCCM applies.  The
> window manager has no choice at all in that matter because it can
> not even distinguish between XConfigureWindow() and
> XMoveResizeWindow().

I know that all these calls end up as configure requests on the server
side.
Section 4.1.5 is known to be one of the hardest sections of the ICCCM,
thats
why the EWMH contains an detailed explanation of the expected behaviour.
But
it only explains the expected behaviour for "move requests" and "resize
requests",
not "moveresize requests".

Matthias