Re: desktop layout patch

Havoc Pennington wrote:
Michael Toomim <toomim OCF Berkeley EDU> writes:
A) It can't take too long, because the pager is the user's primary
visualization for the number of desktops.  The pager really *should*
update quickly.  I've never noticed it updating too slowly, myself.
Am I wrong about this?

This isn't about speed but about flicker/jumpiness, I would say.

Huh? Flicker in the pager? This protocol doesn't affect the pager's update latency. This protocol only affects the WM's directional commands. If you mean flicker in the wm... well directional commands can't really "flicker"...

There must be some communication breakdown here.