Re: "What's this"

On Sat, 5 May 2001, Jim Gettys wrote:

> All that is really needed is to decorate the widget windows with
> the class and instance data from the toolkit, and then one can
> have an external process do the display.

This is not sufficient to meet the requirements I had in mind. The
application whose help is being requested has to be asked to display the
help, because it can display it in a manner that best fits the item in
question.

Also, this approach won't work for widgets without windows...

(Not saying that that class/instance info does/doesn't need to be there,
of course - if you want it there just file a gtk bug. :-)
-- Elliot
These three lines
	are for sale
		at the rate of $50/month.