Re: "What's this"

On Mon, 7 May 2001 Sasha_Vasko osca state mo us wrote:

> Clients should not be bothered with displaying help, unless you want to
> bloat all of them with basically identical help rendering code.

Clients are the only pieces that know how to best display the help. If
someone wants to implement the paperclip (whether you like it or not, that
case needs to be possible), doing it in the client is the only sane way.

If client wishes to use a standardized-help-display-mechanism to show the
popup help, then it is entirely possible, but that's a separate problem to
be solved - let's not complicate the problem further than it has to be.
Right now the only thing to do is find out whether a client has help
available for a widget (to provide cursor feedback) and ask the client to
provide that help...

So, I'm in rough agreement with Havoc on this one,
-- Elliot
These three lines
	are for sale
		at the rate of $50/month.