Re: Initial window placement

Am 13.08.01, 20:58:34, schrieb <Sasha_Vasko osca state mo us> zum Thema Re:
Initial window placement:

> It is not possible thou if you have more the 2 windows in each direction.
> And I don't see that becoming possible unless you add some kind of
> arrangement hint to tell Window Manger explicitely to place several
windows
> next to one another. Possibly idea for 2.0 specs ? I'm not quite sure
that
> this
> is really needed thou, as it creates other problems, like potential
> race conditions.

> It is worth noting thou, that one can always use override_redirect
> windows to solve above problem when lifetime of the windows is very short
> ( which is common for dialogs ).

I wouldn't want to take the possibility to move/resize the dialogues from
the user. Also dialogues usually need to display a title. Also there are
long lived dialogues.

You could avoid race conditions and such by just giving the application a
possibility to place/size the frame exactly.

Regards, Philipp