Re: NET WM Spec implementation and changes

> #5 _NET_WM_STATE
> 	Again, this has been changed from a list of atoms to a bitfield of
> 	the following values (OR'ed together)
>
> 	States:
>
> 	Modal		= 1 << 0
> 	Sticky		= 1 << 1
> 	MaxVert		= 1 << 2
> 	MaxHoriz	= 1 << 3
> 	Shaded		= 1 << 4
> 	SkipTaskbar	= 1 << 5
>
> 	And we added a StaysOnTop (i.e. AlwaysOnTop, OmniPresent, ...)
>
> 	StaysOnTop	= 1 << 6

I think this should be left out. One of the best features of the new spec is
that clients don't dictate stacking order - that decision is left up to the WM
based on the type of window (_NET_WINDOW_TYPE plus urgency bit, etc). Also I
don't think StaysOnTop is the same as OmniPresent... doesn't one hint specify
stacking order and the other specify viewport/desktop location (unclear
which)?

Michael