Re: NET WM Spec implementation and changes

>>   And we added a StaysOnTop (i.e. AlwaysOnTop, OmniPresent, ...)
>>
>>   StaysOnTop     = 1 << 6
>
>I think this should be left out. One of the best features of the new spec
is
>that clients don't dictate stacking order - that decision is left up to
the WM
>based on the type of window (_NET_WINDOW_TYPE plus urgency bit, etc). Also

Actually this is true. If window manager allows for sucha functionality -
it is
likely to have it's own configuration option for that. So adding StaysOnTop
specs makes it unclear as to what option should take precedence.

That might be a good idea to make this option read-only, so that client
cannot
request to StayOnTop, but it could find out if window manager has put it on
Top.

Same thing applyes to Sticky, Shaded, and SkipTaskbar.

Client should be able to request Maximize{Hor/Vert} and Modal without
creating any
confusion.

>Michael

Cheers