Windows NT service - capturing system shutdown

hi!
We have developed a windows 2000 service. We wish to capture the Shutdown/reset/logoff message given from the windows menu and deny
this message as our service wishes to perform certain clean up activites and then shutdown windows by calling exitwindowsex.
We are able to get the shutdown message in the SERVICE_CONTROL_SHUTDOWN
control code of the service handler but are not able to deny it.
Also by using the winlogon notification package, we are able to
send the message first to our service.
How do we deny this message and stop the system shutdown?
Pls. Help,
Thanks and regards,
Nisha