Re: 1.9d

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Paul Warren wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> 1.9d is up at http://ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk/~pdw/wm-spec/
>
> I'm afraid it is not quite in the state that I wanted, but I will not have
> time to work on it again for at least the next few days, and I wanted to
> get something up sooner rather than later to keep things moving.

Thanks a lot for your work, Paul, it seems we are getting somewhere. Great.
Christmas is coming nearer, I really wish we manage to agree on a final version
(at least a beta) before that. This gives the WM authors the possibility, to
use the X-mas holidays to implement the specifications ;-)

Without sounding too nitpicking, but can we stress the fact in the draft, that
the current as well as the previous version isn't authored by any particular
person, but indeed a true community effort with significant constributions from
various sides?

It's the truth and it gives the effort and the draft more weight, weight it
deserves.

Mentioning the contributors to the new version is the bare minimum, I'd say.

Matthias