Re: 1.9d

On Sun, 12 Dec 1999, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> Without sounding too nitpicking, but can we stress the fact in the draft, that
> the current as well as the previous version isn't authored by any particular
> person, but indeed a true community effort with significant constributions from
> various sides?

Absolutely - I wasn't trying to imply that I wrote the whole thing - I was
just trying to label who compiled each draft, for our own reference whilst
working on the thing.

> It's the truth and it gives the effort and the draft more weight, weight it
> deserves.

Definitely - listing the contributors and their roles (ie. what they've
written/maintain) will help, as we do have a very good range of
backgrounds on this list.

> Mentioning the contributors to the new version is the bare minimum, I'd say.

I'd be inclined to list anyone who has contributed a significant number of
posts to this mailing list.

We have two weeks till Christmas.  I suggest that we should aim for 1.9e
at least by the end of this week (I'll do it next weekend if no-one else
can do it).  If we're happy with that, we should call it 2.0pre1, `go
public' and say "start implementing, further changes will deal only with
serious implementation problems".

cheers,

Paul