Re: [Vala] multithreading -> weird behaviour on win(msys)[SOLVED] and macOS[SOLVED]

Since Windows will not be the preferred environment for valaDevelop, that's not important at the moment.
But some other news...
Since i changed the Spawning-Process from "Process.spawn_async_with_pipes" to "GLib.Subprocess"as you
explained before  it runs on macOS asit should!
Perfect help, thanks a lot! Wolfgang

Am 14.03.19 um 23:44 schrieb Al Thomas via vala-list:
    > On Thursday, 14 March 2019, 22:13:25 GMT, Wolfgang Mauer <wolfgang mauer kabelmail de> wrote: > I am
now very cautious and claim that part of my problem is partly due
to valac (imho a valac bug)
ALL the path coming from File.get_path(), on windows should be
C:\bla\bla but the valac don't like it (proof glib-compile-resources
works with C:\bla\bla)
So the commandline to valac MUST look like this and then it works...
valac -g
--output=C:/msys64/home/Wolfgang/Projekte/vDevelop/valaDevelop/bin/valaDevelop
&-> snip <-&
C:/msys64/home/Wolfgang/Projekte/vDevelop/valaDevelop/OptionDialogs/package_options_dialog.vala
valac makes use of GLib, which provides cross-platform support for things like accessing files.Remember that
you are operating in an MSYS2 shell. From what I've read MSYS2 brings aPOSIX environment to Windows and hence
the forward slash separators.
valac shouldn't be making assumptions about the file path separators. That is the job of GLib.Now if you are
experiencing similar problems when compiling with a Windows native compilerlike MSVC then there may be a bug.
May be valac isn't using GLib as it should. May be GLibhas a bug. First, though, you need a better
understanding of the environment you're compiling in.The could be a start:
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/posix_path_conversion