Re: [Vala] introduce valaDevelop

Hi Al!

...I[t] should be and stay easy to use!
Thanks for that, you are right ;-)

As a C# developer it was very hard for me to see, that there is no usable IDE for vala.
To start developing by my own(with vala) it was necessary to have something like monoDevelop or VisualStudio

For me as a vala-newbie, it was very very very very hard to write that IDE, help was not really avail.
So be aware for me it makes no difference if someone using it or not, I DO...

/Wolfgang

Am 22.02.19 um 18:57 schrieb Al Thomas via vala-list:
   The screenshots make this look a nice tool. Good to see Vala getting some new tooling.
  > On Friday, 22 February 2019, 16:00:13 GMT, Wolfgang Mauer <wolfgang mauer kabelmail de> wrote:
The IDE is Freeware! At now there is no plan to make it OpenSource.
I have to make something clear:
...I[t] should be and stay easy to use!
You don't have to accept contributions to your project just because the source code is availableand licensed
to be re-used relatively openly. If the criteria for accepting a contribution is it meets your design
principles of what you consider easy to use that is fine. Just say why you don't likeit if you get a pull
request. That's the power of being a maintainer, use it wisely ;)

Some people are wary of downloading and running binary blobs from a repository. Making the sourceavailable means people
can look over what they are building. The whole tool set you are using islicensed in such a way: Vala, GTK+, GLib,
GtkSourceView, Ubuntu, etc. If nothing else it's worthbecoming more aware of why these projects are
"open"/free.
Nice work on the Vala front, thanks for starting to share your work.
All the best,
Al