Re: [Vala] Newbie question (using directive)

Hi again Wolfang,

It's not what you are trying to state but how yo do it.

For example, i'm pretty sure that you can't define two distinct classes
with the same name in the same domain/namespace (not that it's impossible -
it's a consequence and an expected behaviour).

So, if we have two distinct classes in separated namespaces, we must be
unambiguous about each one we are referring to otherwise we enter the
assumption field. Full dot.

Now, your concrete problem and you should address it. First, you should
explained which vala version you are using and give some context. Even when
you suppressed that information we assumed the latest vala and said that
using GLib is "invisible" or as I said it, is included by default.

Then you thrown a C# example which we don't know nothing about, is that
mono? what is that? using Gtk.. well If it's not Valac then probably it's
not including by default the "using GLib". If that's it then There's no
conflict.

It's best to give all the information so there is some context and avoid
assumptions.

I'm trying to be constructive here and not a flamer.

There was/is also the possibility of an implementation error which if found
we could try to find and answer/file a bug/etc.

Try, in your C# environment, declare a using GLib. Is there a ambiguity
with the Application class?

Cheers, peace.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 2:25 PM Wolfgang Mauer <wolfgang mauer kabelmail de>