Re: [Vala] Newbie question (using directive)

I have only described the facts how it works in C#! Did not want to attack anyone here... /Wolfgang

Am 20.02.19 um 15:13 schrieb Miguel Miranda:
 Implementation maybe wrong but i'm not. I have no problems in assuming guilt or blame. Just try to be more constructive and expose things as they are not as they fit you.

We are here to help...

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019, 13:16 Wolfgang Mauer <wolfgang mauer kabelmail de <mailto:wolfgang mauer kabelmail de> wrote:

    > The same would happen in C# if you had two
    classes/interfaces/whatever with the same name but defined in
    distinct namespaces.

    Sorry, but you are wrong!!!

    The "Application" is ONLY resolved by the "using Gtk;" and not
    "GLib.Application"

    usingSystem;
    usingSystem.Runtime.InteropServices;
    usingGtk;
    namespacemyNamespace
    {
    publicclassmyClass:Application
    {

    Am 20.02.19 um 14:06 schrieb Miguel Miranda via vala-list:
    The same would happen in C# if you had two classes/interfaces/whatever with
    the same name but defined in distinct namespaces. That's one of the reasons
    they do exist.

    You must be specific to which you are referring to by specifying the
    correct namespace.

    Vala includes GLib namespace by default, just that.

    On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 12:50 PM Wolfgang Mauer<wolfgang mauer kabelmail de>  <mailto:wolfgang mauer
kabelmail de>
    wrote:

    I hope that this can be improved in future versions!

    I far as i know, there some duplicated classes in GLib/Gtk
    Menu
    MenuItem
    ListStore
    In C# the "using" in my source is crucial.

    /Wolfgang

    Am 20.02.19 um 13:36 schrieb Miguel Miranda via vala-list:
    GLib is included by default.

    valac did find a conflict between namespaces so you must be specific
    about
    the Menu's namespace you want to use.

    Just use public <namespace>.Menu menu where <namespace> is either GLib or
    Gtk.

    I'll assume you are trying to use Gtk.Menu so change to:

    public Gtk.Menu menu

    Cheers.

    On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 12:14 PM Wolfgang Mauer <
    wolfgang mauer kabelmail de  <mailto:wolfgang mauer kabelmail de>>
    wrote:

    Hi all,
    in my source i just have

           using Gtk;

    and no other using!
    Now if i want to use

           public Menu menu;

    i get -> error: `Menu' is an ambiguous reference between `GLib.Menu' and
    `Gtk.Menu'
    But i don't have a "using GLib;" in my source !!!

    Is this a Bug?

    Greetings
    Wolfgang