Re: [Vala] C# Developer

If a C# developer really (not only for fun) to change to Vala, then must necessarily be a valadevelop
available!
With completion and tooltips and and and.

Agreed, we need a good Vala IDE.

I have already tried a few, but all do not meet the expectations (Geany/Anjuta/builder)
The already existing tools are nice, but that's not enough.

Maybe Gnome Builder ist on the right track but there are some things
left to do for optimum Vala IDE experience.
Maybe some ElementaryOs developer is able and willing to push it a
little bit?

What happened to the project Valaide?

Unfortunately, no progress on Valaide since 2012 and little overall
progress on the site (tarnyko.net) sinces years.
Valaide is not even compilable anymore :-(

In C# you can easily call C methods to improve performance. mono have a C bridge in both directions..

Vala calls C methods directly without any overhead or glue code ;-)
Of course, same on the other way around.

I mean, certainly other C# developers too, that to develop seriously their own "valadevelop" must be
available.

Yes, a good Vala IDE would speed up the development process and will
push Vala.

Maybe improving Gnome builder Vala integration is the right way?