[Vala] IDEs (was: C# Developer)

Indeed, there is a shortcoming in specialized IDEs or, reasonable vala-Support in existing IDEs, respectively.

Unfortunately all the existing approaches (Valama, Valencia, Valide) seem to be abandoned.
Personally I’d love to see a specialized IDE for Vala, but creating something that is up to par
with what is existing these days is way out of scope of what a small community such as ours can deliver.

That said, there is some ongoing effort towards Atom and Visual Studio Code support, in form
of a language server (https://github.com/benwaffle/vala-language-server
<https://github.com/benwaffle/vala-language-server>) – that might become
interesting sooner or later.

Until then, your best bet is to become familiar with the command line and frequently switch between editor
and terminal. Tools are important, no doubt, but I’m afraid language stability is still more of a priority.

Cheers,

:M: