Re: [Vala] Date format

Hi:

Is it possible to print from a GLib.Date only the date, without the day
of week, neither the time, nor timezone?
Nearly a decade ago, I created GDateTime for GLib to give people a
modern API for dealing with these types of problems.
In fact I'm already using GDateTime, sorry. But I still have the same problem: the FORMAT method only supports the same tags than strftime(), so when I use %x, it returns the date in the right format, as specified by the locale, but shows only two digits in the year, I can't choose to use four. But even worse: I can't show only the date in the format "March 23, 2018" without using %c, but that adds some fields that I don't want, like the timezone, and always forces the time.