Re: [Vala] Is it possible in Vala to part-download remote file ?

See documentation of libsoup library. You can do all sorts of requests out there. If the server supports
Range HTTP headers you will be able to fetch file from any point.

Marcin

Dnia sob., sty 27, 2018 o 07:26, Manish Jain <jude obscure yandex com> napisaƂ:

Hi All, I am fairly new to Vala and am loving the way it is documented. For a start-up project, I am trying
to create a dual-threaded downloader which downloads a remote file in two segments, each on a separate
thread. One thread downloads the first half of the file, and the other thread downloads the second half.
While the first thread will surely work, I have no idea about the viability of the second thread: a)
whether it is possible to send an HTTP request such that the second thread can start its download at an
offset of 50% file length b) whether DataInputStream / some other Vala class supports such dd-style
operations. If anyone can provide some tips, I shall be grateful indeed. Thanks Manish Jain
_______________________________________________ vala-list mailing list vala-list gnome org