[Vala] Is it possible in Vala to part-download remote file ?

Hi All,

I am fairly new to Vala and am loving the way it is documented.

For a start-up project, I am trying to create a dual-threaded

downloader which downloads a remote file in two segments, each on

a separate thread. One thread downloads the first half of the

file, and the other thread downloads the second half.

While the first thread will surely work, I have no idea about the

viability of the second thread:

a) whether it is possible to send an HTTP request such that

the second thread can start its download at an offset of 50% file

length

b) whether DataInputStream / some other Vala class supports

such dd-style operations.

If anyone can provide some tips, I shall be grateful indeed.

Thanks

Manish Jain