Re: [Vala] C# developer, newbie question

   > On Tuesday, 18 December 2018, 14:44:30 GMT, Wolfgang Mauer <wolfgang mauer kabelmail de> wrote:
So i have to make the "new StatusList" !?

But how the glade-file "mainpaned" should look like??? Just remove the StatusList ?

OK, to instantiate it I think it needs to be a GtkChild. What error are you getting with GtkChild?

  > Am 18.12.18 um 15:37 schrieb Al Thomas:
On Tuesday, 18 December 2018, 13:51:25 GMT, Wolfgang Mauer <wolfgang mauer kabelmail de> wrote:      >>
[GtkTemplate(ui = "/v/StatusList.glade")] public StatusList statusList;  <<---- what to do here? Both
[GtkChild] and [GtkTemplate] don't work > The type StatusList is already defined and the GtkBuilder code
is dealt with in its own class. So it should just be: > public StatusList statusList; > No need to tell
Vala to generate extra code, you are just storing a reference to the widget in the main widget.